Re: Publication of VC API as VCWG Draft Note

The problem with VC-API is about human rights, not process. VCs are just a
data model and inherently neutral in the sense that standardizing a global
language is neutral. The use of VCs, however, is a human rights disaster in
the making. Bar-coding people is repulsive and VC-API will be applied to
people. Also, unlike ISO mDL, VCs do not consider biometrics which leads to
the alternative of binding a VC to a human through "certified" holders like
we put ankle bracelets on people under house arrest. The issuance of a VC
to a container (euphemistically named "holder") is what VC-API is about.

Mitigations to the human rights issues may be available at the issuance
step but I am not aware of any work in W3C to discuss this in the civil
society context. Where in W3C can this be considered?

Adrian