Re: Publication of VC API as VCWG Draft Note

From: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2022 11:16:18 -0500
To: W3C Credentials CG <public-credentials@w3.org>
On Sun, Nov 20, 2022 at 4:20 AM David Chadwick
<d.w.chadwick@truetrust.co.uk> wrote:
> This is because the API excludes many implementers, as it does not support JWT proofs, but only JSON-LD proofs

The VC API's architecture is inclusive of multiple proof types. To
date, the greatest interest has been in the Data Integrity proof types
(17 implementations). There are plans to support other proof types in
the future by, for example, configuring the issuer endpoint and adding
a "vcJwt" field in the response. I believe that the CCG Traceability
Work Item group supports VC-JWT using the VC API today, but they'll
have to weigh in on that.

> You might get more support if the spec was more inclusive

The repository is open for any member of the CCG to make a pull
request. The best way to get what you want is often to roll up your
sleeves and do the work.

https://www.digitalbazaar.com/