Re: Publication of VC API as VCWG Draft Note

Hi Manu,

if there is so much support for VC API, it should be easy to get it adopted as a formal work item in the VC working group or to spin up a new working group at W3C to work on it.

Why do you insist on publishing it as a note? As far as I understand W3C processes this would be a non-normative document. A normative document would be much better suited for an API specification and would have much more weight since it needs to go through to a full review and voting process.

As far as I understand the current work on VC API happens at the W3C CCG, whose charter states

"Our tasks include drafting and incubating Internet specifications for further standardization ...“

I guess VC API has reached that point.

best regards,
Torsten.