Re: DID methods as W3C standards - a happy compromise?

On 3/4/22 8:03 PM, steve capell wrote:
> Luckily I'm thick-skinned enough to cope with Manu's assertions that I
> don't know what I'm talking about.

*lol* -- That's certainly not what I was intending to communicate, but it's
understandable you walked away with that impression given my short response.
Damn the ever caustic short email response! :) That's the challenge with me
being time starved, not enough cycles to communicate clearly.

In fact, I walked away with quite the opposite of your analysis -- I felt it
was deeply thoughtful. I chuckled to myself and thought "Here's someone that
opens up with `I'm unsure about...` and then proceeds to provide a quite well
thought through analysis`. I was impressed.

I just disagreed with ~15% of it (to pluck a number out of thin air), which is
really not bad at all!

I fully admit that I might be wrong; none of us seem to be very good at
predicting the future. Just sharing thoughts so that we can all muddle through
this together.

My biggest fear this year is that someone picks something and rolls it into
production and fails in a catastrophically bad and damaging way, harming the
community in the process. I hope all of us are being as thoughtful as you as
we move through this next stage in the evolution of these technologies.

https://www.digitalbazaar.com/