Re: DID Press Release Testimonials

Mavennet is a firm believer in the power of Decentralized Identifiers. We believe DIDs, and associated technologies are a fundamental cornerstone to building a more transparent, trusted and resilient web enabling commercial applications that were not possible before. Mavennet is actively building a number of products utilizing DIDs to augment trust, security and automation in the supply chain.

Mahmoud Alkhraishi, Director of Engineering, Mavennet
________________________________
From: Kaliya Identity Woman <kaliya@identitywoman.net>
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2022 4:23 PM
To: Adrian Gropper <agropper@healthurl.com>
Cc: Zundel, Brent <brent.zundel@avast.com>; W3C DID Working Group <public-did-wg@w3.org>; W3C Credentials Community Group <public-credentials@w3.org>
Subject: Re: DID Press Release Testimonials

From: Identity Woman in Business

I still remember that first whiteboard session for what would become Decentralized Identifiers (DID) v1.0 that I helped facilitate following the ID2020 conference in 2016. Since then, as a community steward and contributor, I have had the pleasure to watch the DID specification progress through workshoping at the Internet Identity Workshop and pre-standardization in the Credentials Community Group before spec work graduated into an official W3C working group - which I participated in as well. It is a big milestone for the community and towards the infrastructure we need to support individuals really owning and controlling the digital representations of themselves. In my new role as a Principal of a Decentralized Identity consulting firm, I look forward to helping organizations understand and implement this standard.

Kaliya Young, Identity Woman<http://www.identitywoman.net>, Founder and Principal at Identity Woman in Business<https://consulting.identitywoman.net/>, W3C Invited Expert, co-founder of the Internet Identity Workshop<http://www.internetidentityworkshop.com>