Re: Credential Chaining

Just curious:  I can imagine that some Issuers would want to check the
authenticity of the Holder (i.e. making sure that the Holder is who they
say they are) before issuing a credential.  Otherwise, anyone can claim
that they are Tom Cruise and get his credentials.  What do we do in this
case?

In this scenario, I can imagine that the Holder has a special, "soulbound"
(i.e. non-transferable), and secure-enclave-like credential that includes
authentication factor information like SMS OTP and/or hashed biometric
tokens, and then the Issuer can check against this special authenticator
credential before deciding whether to issue a credential to the Holder or
not (i.e. credential chaining).  This problem has probably come up before,
and does the high-level concept above make sense?  Or is there a better
alternative?

Sincerely,
Harrison