RE: Verifiable Credential Refresh 2021

From: John, Anil <anil.john@hq.dhs.gov>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2022 02:15:05 +0000
To: W3C Credentials CG <public-credentials@w3.org>
MM>just to clarify, by EAD you mean Employment Authorization Document (EAD), right?
MM>It also refers to the Electronic Advance Data for customs declaration, which I assume DHS is also involved in.

Yes and Yes : -)

We have 3 workstreams when it comes to the implementation of VCs & DIDs.

  1.  Digital Personal (Immigration) Credentials, led by DHS/USCIS, is the first – The US Permanent Resident Card (PRC) will be the first credential, but the Employment Authorization Document (EAD) is also part of that workstream (https://w3c-ccg.github.io/citizenship-vocab/)
  2.  Digital Trade Credentials, led by DHS/CBP is the second - https://w3c-ccg.github.io/traceability-vocab/

  3.  Use of DIDs as an alternative identifier to the SSN, led by DHS/PRIV, is the third

Best Regards,

Anil