Re: Verifiable Credential Refresh 2021

Anil, just to clarify, by EAD you mean Employment Authorization Document (EAD), right? It also refers to the Electronic Advance Data for customs declaration, which I assume DHS is also involved in. I’m working with designated postal operators and the EAD is of great interest and could benefit from verifiable credentials as well.

Also, you’ve helped to advance the cause of decentralized identity and VCs in an actionable way than anyone else out there. My thanks to you!

MM

> On   Jan   3, 2022   at   5:33 PM,  <Anil John (mailto:anil.john@hq.dhs.gov)>  wrote:
>

> Other than the US passport, a PRC or an EAD are two of the most high value credentials issued by the USG. We are going to move forward in a structured, measured and thoughtful way in how we issue digital versions of those credentials and that means not tackling multiple, complex challenges all at once without understanding the lessons and impact (both intended and unintended) from the issuance and broad usage of non-delegated high value credentials which are a cleaner first step.

> Best Regards,
>

> Anil

-

Moses Ma | FutureLab Consulting Inc

moses.ma@futurelabconsulting.com (mailto:moses.ma@futurelabconsulting.com)

v   +1.415.952.7888 (tel:+1.415.952.7888)  | m   +1.415.568.1068 (tel:+1.415.568.1068)  | skype mosesma