Re: CBOR-LD for VC

Correct!

> No version of CBOR-LD ever had any relation to IPLD.

CBOR-LD is not IPLD!   However, IPLD has been suggested as a general pattern for DID documents and Verifiable credentials:

https://github.com/WebOfTrustInfo/rwot7-toronto/blob/master/final-documents/ipld-did.pdf <https://github.com/WebOfTrustInfo/rwot7-toronto/blob/master/final-documents/ipld-did.pdf>

CBOR-LD is distinctly different from IPLD!

That said,  COSE-signed payloads for DID documents and VCs has been suggested for over 2 years (using tag 42):

https://github.com/WebOfTrustInfo/rwot10-buenosaires/blob/master/topics-and-advance-readings/ipld-cbor.md <https://github.com/WebOfTrustInfo/rwot10-buenosaires/blob/master/topics-and-advance-readings/ipld-cbor.md>

Here is a refresher for why that initiative failed if anyone that’s interested:

https://www.w3.org/2019/did-wg/Meetings/Minutes/2020-09-10-did-topic <https://www.w3.org/2019/did-wg/Meetings/Minutes/2020-09-10-did-topic>

Of note:  this approach is totally valid under different standard bodies!

Jonny