Re: Multi-signature Verifiable Credentials

We've invited Jack and the Tonomy team to present and lead the discussion
on this topic of "Multi-Signature Verifiable Credentials and Conditional
Proofs" on *2/14/2023*.  Please continue this great discussion!

You can see the latest W3C CCG calendar here:
https://www.w3.org/groups/cg/credentials/calendar.

Sincerely,
Harrison

On Tue, Dec 6, 2022 at 12:30 PM Gabe Cohen <gabe@tbd.email> wrote:

> Jack, awesome work!
>
> It would be great for you to add to this issue:
> https://github.com/w3c/vc-data-model/issues/932 which attempts to address
> “multiple issuers” in the VCDM.
>
> Perhaps your work could make it into the spec as a reference to VC-JWT or
> similar.
>
> Gabe
>
> On Dec 5, 2022 at 1:59:05 AM, Jack Tanner <jack@tonomy.foundation> wrote:
>
>> We have now completed an implementation of the multi-signature and
>> delegated VCs up and running using the DIF did-jwt(-vc) libraries!
>>

>> https://blog.tonomy.foundation/verifiable-credentials-with-provable-delegated-and-multi-sig-signatures-e46ca74d7d87
>> The above article explains what we've done and links the various works.
>>
>> I'd like to add this as a discussion agenda point on tomorrow's weeks W3C
>> CCG call. Eventually, we'd like to get this change approved and added to
>> the upstream repos as well.
>>
>> As part of this, we renamed "Verifiable Conditions" to "Conditional
>> Proofs" as suggested in our call, and would like to see upstream
>> change approved to the W3C CCG repo
>> <https://github.com/w3c-ccg/verifiable-conditions/pull/10> as well.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Jack
>>
>> On Tue, 18 Oct 2022 at 16:44, <steve.e.magennis@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Snorree, the scenario you describe regarding potential future dissonance
>>> highlights an important consideration. VC’s are great for preserving
>>> *the* *intent* of one or more parties **at a given point in time** if
>>> that intent later changes then you need to think in terms of
>>> revocation/re-issuance or modification of a VC. Multi-sig can potentially
>>> give you a little flexibility by allowing some issuers to change their
>>> intent while others do not, but I don’t think M of N is the best way to
>>> deal with it.
>>>

>>> -S

*Harrison Tang*
CEO