Re: Verifiable Credentials use case questions

Brian,

This is very much the issue we're discussing around the VC-HTTP
authorization protocol. You may want to join that group.

Holding people accountable for their use of NFTs or VCs is, unfortunately,
a human rights problem that can look like coerced consent. Here's how
Philip Sheldrake explains it:
https://cyber.harvard.edu/lists/arc/projectvrm/2021-09/msg00103.html

*4 Easy Steps to Dystopia*

>    1. Recognise that legal identity may be useful in a teeny-tiny
>    fraction of contexts
>    2. Enable full KYC for legal identity irrespective of context
>    3. Put a big tick against all profiles that have completed KYC so
>    everyone without the tick thinks they’re missing some sort of social
>    validation
>    4. Extend the capability as Zoom-ID-as-a-service so you can pollute
>    more of the interwebs and societal structures in your unthinking grab for
>    dollars.
>

> There needs to be laws against this. We know "consumer choice” doesn’t cut
> it because self-interest and system-interest are not aligned.
>
> Philip.

- Adrian