Re: Principal Authority – new article on Wyoming law defining Digital Identity

From: Adrian Gropper <agropper@healthurl.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 18:29:25 -0400
To: Christopher Allen <ChristopherA@lifewithalacrity.com>
Cc: Alan Karp <alanhkarp@gmail.com>, Chris Rothfuss <Chris.Rothfuss@wyoleg.gov>, Clare Sullivan <cls268@law.georgetown.edu>, Credentials Community Group <public-credentials@w3.org>, Dazza Greenwood <dazza@civics.com>, Moses Ma <moses.ma@futurelabconsulting.com>
Three questions for Chris and our group related to real-word challenges to
SSI progress:

W1 - Is the Wyoming process concerned only about the identity and authority
of natural persons and, if so, does the need for "efficiency" in cases
where an identity is about a role or a thing introduce confusion into our
work products?

W2 - How would the Wyoming process apply to biometrics as a component of
identity? See https://github.com/w3c-ccg/community/issues/211 for a few
specifics.

W3 - When authority over identity maps into authority over a verifiable
credential, would the Wyoming process deal with request and authorization
protocols differently as applied to the Issuer vs the Holder of the VC?

- Adrian