Re: Principal Authority – new article on Wyoming law defining Digital Identity

On Thu, Sep 16, 2021 at 1:25 PM Alan Karp <alanhkarp@gmail.com> wrote:

> Delegating an identity doesn't connote that it's limited.

There is nothing in what is in the current law or those proposed that says
you delegate your whole identity, but instead that you have as a natural
person the Principal Authority around your digital self that can be the
foundation of various rights.

For instance, when I delegate decisions abou certain assets to a financial
advisor, I don’t give them rights over all my assets. But the assets I do
delegate to them decisions about, the decisions that my financial advisor
makes must benefit me. The can’t consider their personal benefit.

— Christopher Allen