From: Michael Herman (Trusted Digital Web) <mwherman@parallelspace.net>
Sent: Tuesday, September 7, 2021 6:35 PM
To: public-credentials (public-credentials@w3.org) <public-credentials@w3.org>
Subject: Webcast: Norstella & DIN talks about European digital identity wallet (just finished)

The webcast Norstella & DIN talks about the European digital identity wallet (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87bwwKKSWis) just finished. Unfortunately, IMO, this initiative is a very good example of a very far-right centralizationist approach to digital identity and credentials (https://hyperonomy.com/2021/02/10/is-the-social-evolution-model-harmful/) …and, as an EU initiative, IMO I believe it’s not likely to change.

That being said, I think it’s instructive and valuable to watch this 1-hour webcast (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87bwwKKSWis) and to form your own opinions. About 30 people attended the original broadcast.

Here is a list of some of the questions/comments I posed.  A highlight of the webcast is that most were presented and considered/answered by the panel.  Thank you.

My List of Questions/Comments

Michael Herman

​Are you actually authenticating the values of the attributes? ...or perhaps, more accurately, are you simply providing for the verifiability of the digital container/envelope for the attribute data?

Michael Herman

​How will a corner grocery store or convenience store or other small business be able to self-issue credentials?

Michael Herman

​Does the scope of what can be stored in the wallet include verifiable business documents such as purchase orders, invoices, waybills, and delivery confirmations?

Michael Herman

​If the attribute data being provided is part of my personal data (data I own and control), how do I as a person get paid?

Michael Herman

​Comment: Sounds very much like a centralizationist directed project. Very unfortunate.

Michael Herman

​Another good article: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/canadian-banks-trafficking-digital-identities-canadians-herman/

Michael Herman

​Article characterizing far-left self-sovereigntists vs. far-right centralizationists: https://hyperonomy.com/2021/02/10/is-the-social-evolution-model-harmful/

Michael Herman

​Article characterizing far-left self-sovereigntists vs. far-right centralizationists: https://hyperonomy.com/2021/02/10/is-the-social-evolution-model-harmful/

Michael Herman

​How are you engaging with the needs of individual citizens and small business? ...vs. large commercial "sectors" and governments?

Michael Herman

​Please ask about people getting paid for their data

Michael Herman

​Background: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/canadian-banks-trafficking-digital-identities-canadians-herman/

Michael Herman

​Read https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/canadian-banks-trafficking-digital-identities-canadians-herman/