Re: Mozilla Formally Objects to DID Core

I sympathize with Mozilla's comments about centralized methods and
proof-of-work methods, and I believe these concerns could be addressed
in the DID Rubric and DID Implementation Guide documents, without
necessarily requiring changes to DID Core itself.

Mozilla's other comment about lack of interoperability is however hard
to unterstand for me.

The whole point of DID methods is to ENABLE interoperability between
heterogeneous identifier systems.

Some use cases will only use a single DID method and not be
interoperable with others.
Some DID methods will become very popular and be widely interoperable
across many different systems.
Some DID methods may become standardized (e.g. did:key, did:web) and
therefore "effectively mandatory".
Some use cases will want to support as many DID methods as possible,
even less popular ones.

This flexibility is a feature, not a bug.

Markus