Re: VC HTTP API specification structure

On 5/4/21 3:58 PM, Adrian Gropper wrote:
> Here's a thought on how to introduce some parallelism into our process.
>
> As we work on the use-cases, we start a spec document with the Issuer /
> Subject protocol. We can later either add to this document or start a
> second one for the Holder or Verifier.

There it is! Something that has the potential to achieve consensus.

Let me try to translate that into a concrete proposal, Adrian:

PROPOSAL: Create a VC HTTP API specification in ReSpec format so that we can
document and iterate on the current client-server HTTP protocol for the
purposes of issuing a Verifiable Credential.

Does that work for you Adrian? Would anyone else object to this as a first
step on specification structure (noting the context that we always have the
option of adding or splitting later)?

Remember that this is the first in a series of proposals and we don't have to
do everything that everyone wants simultaneously. I expect that if we pass
this proposal, we can spend some time alternating between the use cases and
the specification until we either add more things to the document, or decide
that other documents are necessary.

> For example...

I'm going to avoid discussing your example for now (as it might snatch defeat
from the jaws of victory), and see if we can come to ground on the proposal above.

https://tinyurl.com/veres-one-launches