Re: VC HTTP API specification structure

I don't understand why "document and iterate on the current client-server"
is in there. Keep in mind, that I am fundamentally skeptical of how we got
to the "current client-server" situation because the SVIP goals are so
extreme in asymmetry.

Even the wording is problematic. We can probably agree that the Subject is
not sovereign relative to the Issuer. But is the Subject to be the client
or the server in the spec? Does HTTP require us to adopt a client-server
model?

I kept GNAP out of my recent proposal in order to reach for consensus while
still allowing GNAP language and maybe some aspects of the protocol to be
introduced without delay. In GNAP the Subject controls an Authorization
Server. What does that make the Issuer? It's hard to say. The Issuer could
be a Resource Server in the sense that any processor that has personal data
about the Subject in the clear is a Resource Server. A Client might also
have access to the VC data but, in some cases the data could be encrypted
when it hits a client in the protocol.

The point I'm trying to make as we work on use-cases and other things in
parallel, is that the Authorization Server is a separation of concerns
between controller (AS) and processor (RS). The AS does not need and may
not ever have access to the contents of the VC, particularly if the VC is
encrypted and the AS operator does not have the key. (The choice of whether
the Subject has the key to their own VC is up to the Issuer, of course).

- Adrian