W3C Decentralized Identifier Standard timeline

From: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2021 13:26:24 -0500
To: W3C Credentials CG <public-credentials@w3.org>
Hi all,

I've heard a few people wonder where DIDs are in the W3C standardization
process and when we can expect the final standard to be ratified.

See an UNOFFICIAL attached timeline diagram for the DID Core specification.
The DID WG voted[1] to start the process[2] to move it into the Candidate
Recommendation phase today; a significant milestone.

If folks have specific questions, we could discuss on the mailing list or
during a future call. All future dates are subject to change.

-- manu

[1] https://www.w3.org/2021/03/09-did-minutes.html#t05
[2] https://github.com/w3c/transitions/issues/320

https://tinyurl.com/veres-one-launches

UnofficialDIDStandardTimeline.png
(image/png attachment: UnofficialDIDStandardTimeline.png)