HTTP-Signatures - was: Roadmap: Verifiable Trust Standards

Hi Manu,

 Thanks for the very helpful overview of the work done
by the Credentials CG in [1]. That and the book "Self Sovereign Identity"
is helping me get a much better overview of where things are
standing at present.

   I noticed in your slides a row for HTTP Signatures.
Where is the work on the authentication part of draft-cavage-*
now going on?

I ask because it fits in very nicely with the Solid project use case
as it is allows for very efficient per-resource authentication.

I describe the Solid use case and how we could use draft-cavage-*,
Credentials, Wallets and DIDs to tie in efficiently with an extended
attribute based Web Access Control here

https://github.com/solid/authentication-panel/blob/main/proposals/HttpSignature.md

I implemented something similar based on your spec 4-5 years or so ago, and want
to implement something like what is described in the above document again in a
few weeks  as part of the EU funded project https://nlnet.nl/project/SolidControl/

But as far as possible I’d like to tie into the right communities, to avoid
duplicating work, or straying necessarily from work already done, so far as
our use case allows it.

So for example I just noticed that the old spec had Signature Authentication method
in the header but I used ”HttpSig”. Where can I go to work out what the right thing
to do is?

Henry Story
https://co-operating.systems/

[1] https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/play/_cYGaKjN5roIVQAML4apmS30THJm8_XC0HYPwmVKjWuBoFOiqGtBgBApiBf3wJW1aT-yoUrC6ECfeoQF.T7KMoGqxJU81XinM