Re: Looking for context for ASM

On 3/8/21 9:55 AM, Brent Shambaugh wrote:
> Was the talk about the abstract data model[1] a generalization beyond RDF
> for normalization [2]?

No, those two things have nothing to do with each other (but I can understand
why you thought they might).

There was a group of people in DID Core that wanted to represent DID Core in
more than JSON-LD and JSON. We could have just used JSON-LD and the RDF data
model, but that was a non-starter for the JSON-only group.

The compromise was to create a new data model just for DID Core, that was also
compatible with RDF and JSON-only, and could be serialized to multiple
representations (JSON, XML, YAML, CBOR, etc).

We can now do that, although there is no canonicalization story for the
JSON-only or CBOR representations (unless you're using CBOR-LD).

https://tinyurl.com/veres-one-launches