Re: Identifiers in Verifiable Credentials

Isn’t it true that pretty much every VC that is about a “thing” (eg an invoice about a shipment , a bill of lading about a consignment, an origin certificate about a product , etc) are bearer VCs because the verifier only cares about proof of issuer ID.  the ID of the thing (subject) isn’t something that the thing has to (or is able to) prove.  It’s just an assertion by the issuer

These “esoteric” cases represent 99% of my use cases and volumes

Steven Capell
Mob: 0410 437854