Re: Binding credentials to publicly accessible repositories

Roman – I agree if the credential included a reference to the work as one of the subjects.

However, since the credentials are coming from issuers that know nothing about the work – for example, a professional organization verifying the subject’s membership – that model doesn’t work.

Leonard

From: Roman Evstifeev <someuniquename@gmail.com>
Date: Friday, July 30, 2021 at 12:47 PM
To: public-credentials@w3.org <public-credentials@w3.org>
Cc: W3C Credentials CG <public-credentials@w3.org>
Subject: Re: Binding credentials to publicly accessible repositories
If the VC in its credential subject contains info about one particular creative work, then it is pointless to reference this VC as a credential for another creative work. Any verifier should check the contents of the VC and accept it as a credential only for the data mentioned inside the credential subject part of this VC.