Re: Splitting the VC HTTP API into two repositories

On 7/19/21 9:04 AM, John, Anil wrote:
> Using the same repo to house both the spec and the test suite has always
> been confusing to me.

Yes, as a community, we need to stop conflating specifications with the test
suite... it always leads to pain further down the road.

* Standards are not code, they are developed differently.

* The standard is created at a different pace than the
  test suite.

* The standard is updated at a different pace than the
  test suite

* There is a strict and legitimate differentiation between
  Intellectual Property for a standard vs. Intellectual
  Property for a test suite that lawyers care about.

* There is a different group of people that contribute
  to the standard vs. contribute to the test suite.

For all these reasons... we should always separate the specification from the
test suite.

https://www.digitalbazaar.com/