Re: VC-HTTP-API - A follow up on the RAR presentation

Hi Brian,

I was opposed to the combined I/V/H resolution. We are in a
consensus-driven process, and I agreed to move on. But the fundamental
issue has not been resolved and we're still trying to find a path to
consensus.

I'm struggling these days to demonstrate the difference between OAuth2 and
GNAP as an access control to a VC.

To that end, I've described the Cruise Ship Use Case
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-credentials/2021Jul/0032.html
in the hope that more competent implementers in VC-HTTP API would use it to
help clarify common ground or clear-up (my) misunderstandings.

Those of you who think I'm "sticking my feet in the ground without digging
deeply into the nuances" are welcome to contribute responses to the
use-case or code to a repository that demonstrates any aspect of the
use-case as the difference between OAuth2 and GNAP. I choose to frame the
issue independent of what the current draft spec says or does. That enables
anyone who believes that OAuth2 with client credentials can address the
use-case to write it up.

- Adrian