Re: VC-HTTP-API - A follow up on the RAR presentation

On 7/6/21 12:03 PM, Adrian Gropper wrote:
> Would implementing a RAR request to the Issuer that results in a
> capability based on biscuit, macaroon, or ZCAP not be something to
> implement?

All of those are possible, but we would need someone to step forward, do the
work, and then convince other implementers to implement it.

The only concrete proposal the VC HTTP API group has explored over the past
several weeks that seems to meet that bar is OAuth2 + client_credentials.

There is moral support for concretely supporting RAR/GNAP/ZCAPs in the future,
once people put in the work to write the specs, implement them, and then build
a coalition of implementers that want to demonstrate interop. Until that
happens, for the technologies listed above, or any other similar technologies,
we should expect the same near-term outcome (non-support to put work that
doesn't have a volunteer or broad implementer support in the way of progress).

https://www.digitalbazaar.com/