Re: Current List of W3C Proposed Proof Purposes?

Christopher,

the DID WG has now a registry in preparation:

https://www.w3.org/TR/did-spec-registries <https://www.w3.org/TR/did-spec-registries>

though it is still evolving. The list of of the relevant properties are here:

https://www.w3.org/TR/did-spec-registries/#verification-relationships <https://www.w3.org/TR/did-spec-registries/#verification-relationships>

the 'contractAgreement' does not appear, at the moment, in the list of registered properties but, as Kyle said, keyAgreement does.

The current list of properties are those that are also formally defined in the DID Core spec.

Other terms can be added to the registry, of course; that is what it is for!

Ivan

> On 22 Feb 2021, at 22:50, Christopher Allen <ChristopherA@lifewithalacrity.com> wrote:
>
> I can't seem to find a list of current possible signature Proof Purposes for listing in DID Documents and using for VCs and zCaps. The best i can find is from 2018 from David Longley <dlongley@digitalbazaar.com <mailto:dlongley@digitalbazaar.com>>:
>
> "authentication" => "<vocab>#authenticationMethod"
> "assertionMethod" => "<vocab>#assertionMethod"
> "capabilityInvocation" => "<vocab>#capabilityInvocationMethod"
> "capabilityDelegation" => "<vocab>#capabilityDelegationMethod"
> "contractAgreement" => "<vocab>#contractAgreementMethod"
>
> Is this correct? Are there more? Have some of these been deprecated?
>
> In particular, I'm wondering where timestamps fit in, and other kinds of proofs besides signatures.
>
> -- Christopher Allen

----
Ivan Herman, W3C
Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/