Re: Current List of W3C Proposed Proof Purposes?

On 2/23/21 1:06 AM, Ivan Herman wrote:
> the 'contractAgreement' does not appear, at the moment, in the list of
> registered properties but, as Kyle said, keyAgreement does.

What Kyle and Ivan said... also,

Contract Agreement was intended to be a set of verification methods used for
the specific purpose of executing legally binding agreements. For example,
signing a employment contract, loan paperwork, shareholder agreement, personal
data use contract, etc.

The assertionMethod property is the more generalized form of it. Whether or
not the world needs contractAgreement is still yet to be determined. We'd need
legal opinion to weigh in on whether assertionMethod is good enough, or if
having a particular class of verification methods specifically for the
purposes of entering into legal agreements would be useful (from the
perspective of legal enforcement in courts).

https://tinyurl.com/veres-one-launches