RE: Diagrams for VC HTTP API work [was Re: [AGENDA] VC HTTP API Work Item - August 17th 2021]

In my experience as a writer, the amount of necessary detail in a diagram is primarily (almost solely) driven by: a) the purpose of the diagram, and b) the intended audience; in fact, I'll say the intended audience is the dominant criteria relative to the particular message you're trying to convey.

IMO every deliverable should have a specific statement about the intended audience.  It’s easy to recognize documents that don’t have an intended audience statement: the message/story tends to wander all over the place. An example of an intended audience statement is: https://github.com/mwherman2000/VC-ARM/blob/main/AUDIENCE

Think of an intended audience statement as a commitment you make, as a writer, to your intended readers.

Lastly, IMO, it's almost impossible to add detail later (without starting from scratch).  IMO, the more details you can add to a model, the better.  From this underlying model, you can create an entire range of diagrams for almost any purpose, any audience, any level of detail, etc.

Model your drawings; don't draw your drawings (if that makes sense); check out https://mwherman2000.github.io/VC-ARM/

Best regards,
Michael Herman
Far Left Self-Sovereignist