Re: Diagrams for VC HTTP API work [was Re: [AGENDA] VC HTTP API Work Item - August 17th 2021]

On 8/21/21 1:18 AM, Moses Ma wrote:
> If you, or any of the others, think this might have some potential for better
> explaining how VCs would work than the more "programmer centric" diagrams you
> produced, I'd love to participate in a small work project with a small number
> of us to figure out a meaningful standardized approach to visualizing VC
> processes.

Yes x 1000!

One of the biggest problems with the way we present material (for any
technical standard, really) is that it exposes the reader to far too much detail.

Case in point, the Web Authentication API:

https://www.w3.org/TR/webauthn-2/#sctn-api

We spent an enormous amount of effort to get these diagrams right in the VC
Data Model:

https://www.w3.org/TR/vc-data-model/#roles
https://www.w3.org/TR/vc-data-model/#core-data-model

With an enormous shout out to Dave Crocker, who was fundamental in getting us
to "leave out all the important details".

I really like your first cut Moses... now, to make it even SIMPLER!

https://www.digitalbazaar.com/