How much extra in terms of Cost of Living are you willing to pay to be able to continue to exercise Self-Sovereign control over your personal data?

From: Michael Herman (Trusted Digital Web) <mwherman@parallelspace.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2021 01:06:50 +0000
To: "public-credentials (public-credentials@w3.org)" <public-credentials@w3.org>
My car insurance renewal comes up next month and I received this "offer" from my local insurance agent:

[cid:image003.jpg@01D78D51.B1BE5FF0]
Wawanesa doesn't explain how or why they need a person's credit score.  A little digging unearths this gem of an article:
https://www.experian.com/blogs/ask-experian/why-do-car-insurance-companies-base-their-rates-on-credit-scores/

Also:

  *   https://www.wawanesa.com/resources/docs/canada/NS_CreditConsent_CustomerFAQ-en_13Jan2021-FIN.pdf
  *   https://www.cbc.ca/news/credit-scores-can-hike-home-insurance-rates-1.890442

How much extra in terms of Cost of Living are you willing to pay to be able to continue to exercise Self-Sovereign control over your personal data?

Best regards,
Michael Herman
Far Left Self-Sovereignist

Self-Sovereign Blockchain Architect