Re: Question From HPEC re SSI Wallets

Re. best practices on wallet/key recovery, see sections 6-8 of the DKMS
RFC:
https://github.com/hyperledger/aries-rfcs/blob/master/concepts/0051-dkms/dkms-v4.md#6-recovery-methods

The Aries community has recently had some cool successes with
interoperable key/wallet recovery, based on the wallet import/export
feature described here
<https://github.com/hyperledger/aries-rfcs/tree/master/concepts/0050-wallets#backup-and-recovery>
(note
also the link to internal design docs for details). This allows anyone
built atop libindy to provide backups that can be vendor-agnostic (though
depending on crypto suites and compression choices, it may be less than
perfectly portable). Evernym has long had a wallet backup and recovery
feature in Connect.Me that is based on this same functionality.

However, I think the state of the art, even for those having some success,
is less mature than the theory in the DKMS RFC. We are all a bit young as
far as recovery polish is concerned.

--Daniel