Re: Who Watches the Watchmen? A Review of Subjective Approaches for Sybil-resistance in Proof of Personhood Protocols

There is a way to do one person one vote without losing anonymity. It uses
a Sybil-resistant VC (e.g., a passport or driver's license that gets its
Sybil resistance from some centralized system), but WITHOUT disclosing any
strong correlator for the person in question; the verifier knows whether a
person has already "voted" (or any similar once-per-person action) but need
not know ANY other attribute of the person. Furthermore, the holder of the
credential is fully aware that this technique is active, and can thus opt
in or choose not to cooperate, if they prefer. Balance of powers. It was
first described in a seminal paper "Clone Wars" paper by Jan Camenisch; for
the less mathematically inclined, it was described at RWOT9, here
<https://github.com/WebOfTrustInfo/rwot9-prague/blob/master/topics-and-advance-readings/zkp-safety.md#technique-2-prevent-link-secret-reuse>
.