Re: covid-19 immunisation record as a pair of VC - does anyone have an example?

Hi Steve,

A couple of things I noted about your approach:

> That the identifiable subject DID-X...
It is arguably better not to use a DID here. The presence of the DID will
bind the credential to a specific wallet/device, which could conceivably
invalidate the credential in scenarios where it is in fact valid.
The important binding seems to be to the individual who has been vaccinated
and the best way to do that is probably to use the full name and date of
birth. The reason for that is name/dob is an identifier commonly used in a
medical setting. A passport number might be useful, especially given the
verifier app you sketch out, however, it might also be impractical because,
in general, doctors do not hold their patient's passport numbers.

> VC-2: That physician DID-Y is accredited...
Have you considered instead a second credential issued by the supplier of
the vaccine? This could then also contain specific details of the vaccine
itself -- strain, date of production, etc. Effectively, the border force
has to then configure the specific vaccine/suppliers which they accept. You
want to handle the edge case where a qualified doctor administers a vaccine
that does not work.

Regards,
Jeremy Townson