From: Kim Hamilton <kimdhamilton@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, October 26, 2020 1:12 PM
To: Yancy <email@yancy.lol>
Cc: W3C Credentials CG (Public List) <public-credentials@w3.org>
Subject: Re: Zoom is shite

Hi Yancy -- can you share more about what you had in mind?
Thanks,
Kim

On Mon, Oct 26, 2020 at 10:03 AM Yancy <email@yancy.lol> wrote:

Previously I volunteered to help with Jitsi integration, and at the time, there was discussion about paying for Zoom premium through proceeds from DIF for example.  If there is money to allocate for buying premium hosting from organizations like Zoom, it seems like we could instead funnel some of those proceeds to help pay volunteers to focus their time.  I too would like to see a video service that more aligns with the W3C CCG community ethos, but I think we can organize our efforts so unpaid volunteers need not shoulder the technical burden.

-Yancy