Re: [PROPOSED WORK ITEM] Citizenship Vocabulary

On 10/20/20 9:39 AM, Orie Steele wrote:
> I prefer to retain the old repo, but archive it and setup redirects
> and merge the git histories.
I prefer that we DO NOT do this.

It leaves all sorts of dangling links out there in search engines and we
don't want that. We want people to go to ONE place and we want the
search engines to direct them there.

We don't need to preserve the old links, but do need to preserve the old
history. We should just hand the old repo over to the CCG.

I was getting ready to do that when I noticed that a new repo had been
created in the CCG, so then needed to work this out w/ the Chairs.

Chairs, what do you want to do about this. My suggestion is:

1. Delete the current empty citizenship CCG repo.
2. Transfer the DB citizenship repo to CCG.

I believe Orie's suggestion is:

1. Merge histories for DB citizenship repo to CCG citizenship
   repo.
2. Update DB citizenship repo to point via redirects and
   human-readable links to new CCG citizenship repo.
3. Archive DB citizenship repo.

A Chair decision so we can move forward at this point would probably be
fine since this is all administrative stuff.

https://tinyurl.com/veres-one-launches