Re: Feedback on Zoom & Jitsi for CCG Meetings

On 2020-11-13 2:26 pm, Heather Vescent wrote:
>  I will simply copy a comment someone shared with the chairs:
>
> "I don't think it's important to use an open tool like Jitsi. Zoom
> is fine. We're not the group that's building an open teleconference
> platform; we're the group that's building DIDs and VCs. We don't
> have a problem using PDFs (a proprietary format); why should we have
> a problem using a proprietary teleconference tool?"

I don't believe that's a fair comparison; the PDF spec has been
released since 2008 through ISO for royalty-free use. It's become a
world-wide medium of exchange that is no longer in direct control of
the originating company. PDFs can be read and written directly from
MacOS, and AFAIK from free software in other OSs.

Zoom, at this stage, seems very different from that.

Steven Rowat