Re: ditch voip/sip

Also I've had good success with hosted jitsi - which is open source, and
can be self-hosted - with medium-sized groups. Their hosted version
should support 35 people well (with video, I presume more with audio)
and I think if you self-host it and set it up right it supports a lot
more (I haven't tried this yet though). Jitsi also has screensharing,
chat and hand-raising features. I think paying a member of the group (or
small company) to maintain a jitsi instance would be more inkeeping with
the spirit of the CCG..