Re: DID Method Registry Needs Private-Public and Purpose Columns? [Was: Re: Fwd: New member - and (hopefully) an interesting use case - and a question]

I suppose it's stating the obvious - because Steven references my question
- but I'd certainly be in favour of adding information to the registry that
helps users (ie implementers) know how to navigate it.

also, not sure whether this is allowed within W3C governance rules - but
some kind of implementation / uptake count and feedback mechanism could be
helpful.  As a newbie my review of this list would apply 2 filters:

   1. which of these is the right functional fit for my needs?  - the
   columns suggested by Steven will help a lot with that.
   2. which of the ones that claim to fit my needs have some evidence of
   uptake?  if at least one independent organisation other than the publisher
   has successfully used the publishers method then that gives me some
   confidence.

I suspect if I could scan that list to answer those two questions then I'd
probably zero in on two or three out of 60 and the proliferation problem
would sort itself out very quickly.

kind regards,

--
Steve Capell