Re: Privacy-protecting contact tracer for COVID-19? [was Re: A Moment of Silence #Foremembrance Today at 19:06 CET, 2:06 pm EDT, 11:06 am PDT, and Saturday at 2:06am in Hong Kong & Taipei]

On Sat, 28 Mar 2020 at 04:38, David Booth <david@dbooth.org> wrote:

> On 3/27/20 11:18 PM, Moses Ma wrote:
> > How do y’all feel about Singapore’s TraceTogether?
> > See:
> >
> https://www.businessinsider.com/singapore-coronavirus-app-tracking-testing-no-shutdown-how-it-works-2020-3
> > Also:
> >
> https://www.tech.gov.sg/media/technews/tracetogether-behind-the-scenes-look-at-its-development-process
> >
> > How would you design a fully decentralized contact tracer?
>
> Or, more broadly: how would you design a privacy-protecting contact
> tracer?  This is urgently needed.
>
> Potential variations: 1. The app notifies you if it determines that you
> may have been exposed to COVID-19, without saying how it made that
> determination.  2. The app notifies healthcare officials that you may
> have been exposed, without telling them how it made that determination.
>
> Ideas?
>
> David Booth

On the topic of credentials.  From reddit:

*Germany will issue coronavirus antibody certificates to allow quarantined
to re-enter society*

Of course we have no data on how well these antibodies perform, or how long
they last.  Spoilers alert, other Covid's antibodies tend to fall
precipitously after 2 years.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Coronavirus/comments/fraaa9/germany_will_issue_coronavirus_antibody/