Re: Privacy-protecting contact tracer for COVID-19?

On 3/28/20 7:15 AM, Ouri Poupko wrote:
> They do this iteratively for any overlapping sub-segments, until they
> get an intersecting point (2m radius) between their true paths.

This is a great conversation, demonstrating that a non-trivial number of
people in the W3C CCG community have put a lot of thought into this topic.

I'm curious if folks have figured out how to address one of the hardest
aspects of this problem -- that SARS-CoV-2 can survive on plastic and
metal surfaces for up to 2-3 days:

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2004973

Is it just a matter of seeing if you've entered the same cell as someone
that was infected in the past 3 days (possibly touching a surface that
they touched)?

The compute necessary to do that calculation boggles the mind (but I
expect might work just fine if off-loaded to a decentralized system).

https://tinyurl.com/veres-one-launches