Re: A Moment of Silence #Foremembrance Today at 19:06 CET, 2:06 pm EDT, 11:06 am PDT, and Saturday at 2:06am in Hong Kong & Taipei

I think they have a pretty design considering their constraints, at least
of what they have claimed to be doing:
https://www.tracetogether.gov.sg/common/privacystatement

One way to decentralize would be to implement on top of a decentralized
ledger with a proof of authority system participated in by various
governments and/or non-profits as a consortium. Because you are only
storing interaction events between ids, not sure an external data store is
even needed for encrypted data. The only tricky part is ensuring there is a
way to notify the identifiers that came into contact with an individual who
tests (and registers in the system) as positive without giving up the
identifying info. I think as long as the system only supports "pulls", then
basically only you as the holder of a secret or certificate to unlock your
id could check regularly if it had a contact event with a positive
individual. Probably other ways to solve it though.