Re: Privacy-protecting contact tracer for COVID-19? [was Re: A Moment of Silence #Foremembrance Today at 19:06 CET, 2:06 pm EDT, 11:06 am PDT, and Saturday at 2:06am in Hong Kong & Taipei]

Hi David
this is important, thanks-

I am in a location in Asia - better not specify since very aggressive folks
have been tackling me at close range despite me taking all the necessary
precautions to prevent it

I know that new visitors in quarantine are being phone tracked-
they are being informed as much, and agree to both the quarantine and the
tracking

However the other day as I was sitting next to a local friend, she received
an alert on her phone, followed by a phone call, all a local language which
I do not understand

 After that, she started becoming very inquisitive about my arrival date
whereabouts and contacts to other foreigners etc. I reassured her that I
arrived long before the epidemic started and have sparse contacts with
other foreigners after which she seemed reassured

So, not only newcominers are being finromed of surveillance and agree to
it. but
there are mechanisms to alert citizens when their cell comes into range of
a cell which is registered to a foreign passport, this is all under the
radar afaik

So your inquiry touches me personally

How to design a good useful app that respects privacy....  tough one.
I think you need to design an expert system/decision support tree
that the app must follow in the alert workflow

I d design a decision tree first
Ping me offlist pls if you need my input

PDM