The relationship between Holder and VC

From: Wayne Chang <wyc@fastmail.fm>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2020 10:04:34 -0400
To: "W3C Credentials CG" <public-credentials@w3.org>
Hi All,

Just wanted to share a comment from which I recently learned something new. Daniel Hardman wrote this well-explained GH issue comment that highlights some differences in perspective between folks from "VC circles" vs. "ZKP circles", on the topic of the holder's relationship to the presented VC, and risks w/conflation between the presenter vs. credential subject. There are also references and rabbit holes linked too.

https://github.com/decentralized-identity/presentation-exchange/issues/24#issuecomment-648533289

We'd love to hear from you if you have any other perspectives on this topic or have encountered it in your work.

Best,
- Wayne