Re: selective disclosure without ZKP

I believe this is the technique that Workday has advocated and demoed at
the Fall 2019 IIW. They may have more info.

Just to be clear: the merkle tree root hash is itself a perfect correlator;
every credential will have a different value for it. If you have fields
1-10, you can do selective disclosure on any subset of fields 1-10, but you
are *always* revealing field 11 (the merkle tree root hash) to every
verifier. This may or may not be a problem, depending on your requirements
-- but should be accounted for in the analysis of the selectivity benefit.