RE: selective disclosure without ZKP

Indeed, if verifiers are colluding then you are losing the selectivity!

From: Daniel Hardman
Sent: Πέμπτη, 11 Ιουνίου 2020 3:36 πμ
To: Nikos Fotiou
Cc: public-credentials@w3.org
Subject: Re: selective disclosure without ZKP

I believe this is the technique that Workday has advocated and demoed at the Fall 2019 IIW. They may have more info.

Just to be clear: the merkle tree root hash is itself a perfect correlator; every credential will have a different value for it. If you have fields 1-10, you can do selective disclosure on any subset of fields 1-10, but you are *always* revealing field 11 (the merkle tree root hash) to every verifier. This may or may not be a problem, depending on your requirements -- but should be accounted for in the analysis of the selectivity benefit.