Re: Real BTCR DID Document

On 2/12/20 4:39 PM, Christopher Allen wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 1:35 PM Dave Longley <dlongley@digitalbazaar.com
> <mailto:dlongley@digitalbazaar.com>> wrote:
>

>     On 2/12/20 2:24 PM, Christopher Allen wrote:
>      > On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 11:03 AM Orie Steele
>     <orie@transmute.industries>
>      > wrote:
>      >
>      >     I suggest changing the context to https://www.w3.org/ns/did/v1
>      >
>      >
>      > Will do.
>
>     -1 to that. That context is NOT stable and won't be stable until the DID
>     WG decides that it is. You should continue using a v0.x versioned
>     context until the official v1 context is stable. This is an unfortunate
>     side effect of the in progress standards process.
>

> So should I continue to use
> https://w3id.org/did/v0.11 ?

Yes.

> What is the best online web tool I can use to validate my DID Document
> against this context?

You can use the JSON-LD playground to perform JSON-LD transformations:

https://json-ld.org/playground/

Or Gregg Kellogg's RDF distiller:

http://rdf.greggkellogg.net/distiller?command=serialize

Note that neither of those tools currently let you set a base URL (which
would be the DID itself ("did:btcr:xul5-9rzp-q3xh-z4l"), so the relative
hashes won't produce the appropriate RDF quads (if you're looking at
quad output). However, if the DID Document were actually loaded from
that URL (or if the option were passed to the JSON-LD API), it would
work just fine!

--
Dave Longley
CTO