Re: looking for a specific use-case

Yes, that makes perfect sense. This is the reason for de-duplicated
identities and notaries in the real world.

I wrote some of this up as the Zener Diode in
https://github.com/w3c/did-use-cases/issues/102#issuecomment-703943437

I've also heard an aspect of this described as 'sharing of liability' to
certificate authorities where the CA is paid to isolate the issuer and/or
the verifier from some liability.

Whether you call it a notary or a CA the common thing is that:
- they are bonded or certified as fiduciaries of the jurisdiction
(typically the gov, but could be private)
- they verify a de-duplicated identity for the subject
- they keep a log that can be accessed at some significant cost if needed

I worry that our SSI use cases tend to be simplistic and artificial by not
including audit, authorization, revocation, and mediating service providers
as primary concerns. As an engineer I appreciate the desire of engineers to
"layer" things and to model simple issuer, holder, verifier, registry
relationships. As a privacy engineer with deep regulatory experience, I
feel this is overly simplistic and will harm the adoption of our hard work.

Adrian