From: Adrian Gropper <agropper@healthurl.com>
Sent: dinsdag 15 december 2020 17:27
To: Joosten, H.J.M. (Rieks) <rieks.joosten@tno.nl>
Cc: W3C Credentials CG (Public List) <public-credentials@w3.org>
Subject: Re: looking for a specific use-case

Legal guardian accessing financial info at Schwab (as SP)

On Tue, Dec 15, 2020 at 11:16 AM Joosten, H.J.M. (Rieks) <mailto:rieks.joosten@tno.nl> wrote:
I'm looking for a use-case, which I think requires:
• that is realistic;
Common and I have first-hand experience as the guardian

• that involves (at least) two people, as e.g. in a marriage, a guardianship or otherwise, and some service provider (SP);
State-certified guardianship

• where SP has no earlier knowledge of any of these two people (he doesn't know who these people are);
The SP has a prior relationship with a money manager service but a tenuous relationship with the subject and no relationship with the (new) guardian.

• where SP can obtain credentials from only one of these persons (the other is somehow incapable of presenting credentials);
The guardian can provide a notarized document if necessary.

• where SP is requested to make a decision (e.g. to provide a service);
Access credentials to the guardian

• where SP needs to authenticate *both* persons in order to make that decision.
This is unclear. It sounds like you're looking for a new SP account like KYC but that does not involve a second party. If there is a prior account relationship with the SP then there is implicitly a link back to the account data subject.

Adrian

Any suggestions?
Rieks