Re: Oracles as Issuers

I see identity in terms of policies and capabilities. The policies are
associated with PDPs where identity matters and storage is minimal. The
capabilities are associated with PEPs where resources are stored and the
only identity that matters is the resource customer or controller. The
resource server need not store policies to any significant extent. This is
the separation of concerns model that leads to decentralized AND generative
systems.

In these terms, both the oracle and the issuer are protected resources
(PEPs) with standard APIs for interoperability. For generativity, the same
API should be used  regardless of whether the connection is to a holder or
a verifier. Therefore the API would have a VC data model and capabilities
protection. The only policies at the resource are of the resource server
entity (oracle or issuer) and not of the data subject of the VC. The data
subject's policies are safe within a wallet or agent that acts as the PDP.

- Adrian