Re: [toolsCCI] Example Immunoglobulin Detection Test Credential

I'm not sure the exact context but I think the following is equivalent to
what you are suggesting.

1. Testing facility draws blood from people with driver's licenses.
2. Testing facility labels samples with unique id = sha256(drivers
license + salt).
3. When I log into the lab (how? by email, phone number?, anybody can see
results?)... I can find the result of my test, which contains no PII, by
knowing my drivers license number and the salt.
4. When someone asks for my results, I can show them my drivers license and
disclose the salt, and the can go download the results themself, or confirm
that the results I provided have the same identifier... but I also need
them to believe that whatever I provided them has not been tampered with,
hence they also verify the VC.

There are a couple things combined in these which it's probably a good idea
to seperate.

1. VC Format (sample identifier is a deterministic function of an existing
identifier, and we trust the test facility to generate this).
2. VC is signed at the lab, not at the point of collection... so we trust
the lab, they are the issuer, and we trust them not to change the
identifier from the facility... the lab does not need any PII to do its
job... unless they provide a web portal to log in with pii.. if they just
disclose test results publically, then they don't need PII.
3. VCs are disclosed via some permission system (login)... not defined, but
I would assume sms / email / IAL Level 2... implies the lab needs PII. or
that the login mechanism is knowing a sample-id...
4. Presentation of the VC includes the disclosure of information which can
be used to bind an existing identifier (drivers license) to the rest
results...

VCs for tests that have to be retrieved from the lab are harder than ones
that come from a facility that just does everything, which is why i tackled
the easy case first... but I guess its probably much more realistic that
people would have to wait  / lookup their results.

OS